As organizations turn to virtualization as a way to save money, simplify deployments and reduce their environmental footprint, Barracuda Networks is offering virtual appliance versions of the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall and Barracuda SSL VPN with additional solutions to follow.
Virtual appliances enable enterprises to harness the same powerful security and networking technologies available in the Barracuda Networks range of hardware based solutions.
Barracuda Networks virtual appliances are an ideal choice for enterprises that are standardizing hardware platforms or with existing virtual environments like VMware. As the organization grows, these appliances can be easily scaled for performance and capacity and also lend themselves to quicker backup and disaster recovery.
The virtual appliances combined with industry leading storage, security and networking hardware appliances from Barracuda Networks provide flexible deployment options to meet the unique needs of small, medium and large enterprises.
- Same powerful technology as the Barracuda Networks hardware appliances
- Same simple Web based user interface
- Simple installation in your existing VMware infrastructure
- Can be combined with Barracuda Networks hardware appliances
- Plug and play deployment
- Maintenance free through automatic updates
- Lower TCO
Currently, Barracuda Virtual Appliances are supported on
- VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5 Update 2 and higher
- Minimum of 512 Mb RAM (1 Gb recommended)
- 40 Gb available hard disk space
For information regarding other hypervisors or virtual infrastructures (like VMware Server, CITRIX XenApp, Microsoft Hyper-V), please